This recipe was ridiculously easy to make and so delicious I ate THREE bowls the night I made it. Watch out, you will be licking your bowl.
CROCKPOT BEEF AND VEGGIE STEW
- 4 pounds chuck roast, cut into 2-inch cubes
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups red-skinned or purple potatoes, chopped (turnip or sweet potato can be substituted)
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsps ground black pepper
ON A PLATE, spread a thin layer of cornstarch, roll beef chunks until lightly coated. In a large skillet, heat oil. Brown meat with onions, about 6-8 minutes. Add tomato paste and beef broth and combine until well incorporated.
Transfer mixture to crock pot with vegetables and seasonings. Cover and cook on low heat for about 8 hours or high for 4 hours.